Asset manager Man Group restructures
UK – Man Group has restructured and rebranded, resulting in the creation of Man Investments, the new name for the asset management division specialising in alternative asset classes.
Following recent acquisitions, Man Group has decided to combine the asset management capabilities of its principal investment managers under one umbrella. These managers, which together run more than 25 billion dollars, are:
- AHL, which implements managed futures investment programmes
- Glenwood, which provides multi-manager funds of hedge funds portfolios that target low risk
- Man Global Strategies, which constructs and manages hedge style and multi-strategy portfolios
- RMF, which provides hedge funds and tailor-made solutions for institutional investors
- Westport, which specialises in global private equity fund of funds solutions
Commenting on the re-branding, Chris Chambers, chief executive officer of Man Investments said: “Man is celebrating 20 years in the alternative investments market this year and the establishment of Man Investments is an important milestone in the continuing development of our business.
“We expect to see further growth in demand for our products as investors recognise the attractions and diversification these asset classes offer, and we are committed to remaining at the forefront of the alternative investments industry.”