mast image

Impact Investing

IPE special report May 2018

Sections

Gartmore loses out as Torfaen names managers

UK – Torfaen County Council in Wales has appointed managers for four mandates totalling 590 million pounds (869.7 million euros) for its Greater Gwent Pension Fund, resulting in a loss of a UK equity mandate for Gartmore.

The 730 million pound pension fund put out to tender over half of fund last August in a shift to active management following a review.

Barclays Global Investors managed 60% of the fund and Gartmore was responsible for the remaining 40% in active UK equities. Despite re-tendering, Gartmore has now been replaced by Threadneedle Asset Management which will run a 260 million pound UK equity mandate.

Baring Asset Management has been appointed to run an active mandate for a combined Japan, Pacific Rim and Emerging Markets pooled vehicle of around 50 million pounds.

Barclays Global Investors have been appointed to run a 100 million pound active bond mandate, and an 80 million pound active European equity mandate. BGI will continue to manage those funds not switched to an active portfolio.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

IPE QUEST

Your first step in manager selection...

IPE Quest is a manager search facility that connects institutional investors and asset managers.

  • QN-2436

    Asset class: Real Estate - Core Open-ended Real Estate Equity Fund (non-listed).
    Asset region: Asia Pacific.
    Size: Approx. CHF 70-100m per investment.
    Closing date: 2018-05-25.

  • QN-2438

    Asset class: High Yield Bonds.
    Asset region: US.
    Size: USD 300 million.
    Closing date: 2018-05-25.

  • RE-2441

    Closing date: 2018-05-31.

Begin Your Search Here