COOKIES: We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. You can see our cookie policy here. Please click agree to remove this message.

mast image

Special Report

Impact investing

Sections

Report this comment to a moderator

Please fill in the form below if you think a comment is unsuitable. Please indicate which comment is of concern and why. Your comments will be sent to our moderator for review.

Report comment to moderator

MandatoryRequired fields.

Headline

Fresh proposals for USS funding fail to satisfy university staff

Comment

Not sure I quite follow the figures here, but it looks like the current contribution rate of 10.4% from members is acceptable to the UCU. With the 22.5% from employers, that makes a current total contribution rate of 32.9%. The highest proposed total contribution rate of the three options is 33.7%, which is only 0.8% more than the current rate. Is it that the UCU don't think it would be acceptable for members to pay an additional (pro rata) 0.25%? Or are members being asked to pay more than that? Or is it that benefits would still be cut? Holding out for "[absolutely] no detriment", seems a bold strategy.

Posted date

Tue, 14 May 2019

Posted time

10:00 am

Mandatory
Mandatory
Mandatory

IPE QUEST

Your first step in manager selection...

IPE Quest is a manager search facility that connects institutional investors and asset managers.

  • QN-2543

    Asset class: Search of an Asset manager / Advisor managing / Advising a risk-based equity derivatives overlay program.
    Asset region: Global Developed Markets Equities, Global Emerging Markets Equities, Swiss Equities.
    Size: CHF 700-2100 million.
    Closing date: 2019-06-17.

  • QN-2544

    Asset class: Transitional Real Estate Debt.
    Asset region: North America (USA/Canada).
    Size: $50-100mn.
    Closing date: 2019-06-17.

  • QN-2546

    Asset class: Real Estate Equity Fund (non listed).
    Asset region: Europe.
    Size: Total CHF 600m, approx. CHF 100-300m per fund investment.
    Closing date: 2019-06-28.

Begin Your Search Here
<