UK - The UK government’s proposals on pension reform – in a so-called Green Paper - will be released on Wednesday November 27, according to a spokeswoman at the UK Treasury.
The UK government has come under increasing pressure from unions, pension authorities and consultants to reform the pension system. The Green Paper will set the government's proposals for pensions reform to match the following principles:
* security in retirement
* informed choice for consumers
* simple and proportionate regulation
* ensuring incentives are effective and well understood
* promoting employment amongst older workers
* flexibility to give individuals more choice over the pace at which they retire from the labour market